- Wash your hands before touching the area.
- Remove the bandage in 2 to 4 hours. Do not apply a new bandage.
- Wash with mild antibacterial soap, and water. We recommend Provon Antimicrobial Lotion Soap.
- Wash your new tattoo 3 to 4 times a day until it is healed, usually after about 2 weeks.
- Allow your tattoo to air dry, with clean hands apply a thin coat of moisturizer with no added dyes or perfume.
- After about 2 days the tattoo will start to form a light scab. Don’t touch or pick the scab. This can lead to improper healing.
- Do not go swimming, in hot tubs, saunas or spas, until it’s completely healed, and avoid direct sunlight.
- Do not touch the body piercing or rotate jewelry during the healing period. If you for some reason you MUST touch the area, make sure you wash your hands well first.
- Do not take it out. Body piercings may take many months to completely heal.
- Do not let the body piercing come in contact with another person’s bodily fluids.
- Never use alcohol, hydrogen peroxide or hand soap to clean the area because this can cause scar tissue to develop.
- Products that contain petroleum are not recommended as these may collect and promote the growth of bacteria.
- Do not go in the pool, ocean or hot tub until completely healed.
- Reduce the intake of alcohol, caffeine and aspirin during the healing period.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, chewing tobacco and spicy foods with a new oral piercing.
- Avoid direct sunlight, tanning beds, oils and lotions.
- Tight fitting clothes may irritate a new piercing.